Assist Characters are NPCs that are supposed to help the player.
All the Assist Characters are purely based on the Dragon Ball Z series. Players can receive an Assist Character from a machine, whit a price of 2,000 zenni, at South City called the Slot Machine, and they can be summoned by pressing "B" on the Keyboard, and left on the D-Pad for controller.
There are currently only 9 Assist Characters in the game, each having their own ability and cool down timer.
|Assist Character||Description||Info||Damage Type||Cooldown (seconds)|
|Whis||Heals all nearby players for 20% of their health||Heals all nearby players (5-13 Stud Radius)||None||360|
|Krillin||Heals you for 1/3 of your health||<----||None||360|
|Yamcha||WOLF FANG FIST||Does a somewhat short Wolf Fang Fist dealing moderate damage||Melee Damage||120|
|Goku||Goku fires a quick Kamehameha straight forward||<-----||Ki Damage||60|
|Vegeta||Vegeta does a quick melee barrage||<-----||Melee Damage||60|
|Majin Vegeta||Blows himself up||Does a large blast around him, dealing quite high damage||Ki Damage||300|
|Tien||Tien uses Tribeam||Does a somewhat weak but fast Tribeam||Ki Damage||120|
|Piccolo||Fires a short range blast||Does a somewhat large blast, that does moderate damage||Ki Damage||60|
|Future Trunks||Trunks use his sword to slash||Does a standard sword barrage, dealing moderate damage.||Melee Damage||120|
- Tien's description "Tien uses Tribeam!" might be a reference to the popular game series Pokémon, where if a player selects a move their Pokémon should use, the output text would say, "[Pokémon] used [move]!".
- Majin Vegeta is the only villain Assist Character.
- He is also the only NPC who has not been seen throughout the game, prior to the Slot Machine's release, despite him being Vegeta's counterpart.
- Whis and Krillin currently have the longest cool downs in the game, each being 360 seconds.
- When you prestige after buying the Assist Character, you will lose it, having to buy it again.
- It is often speculated that gained Assist Characters reset every time the player joins another server.